US Work Visas

People who want to work in the U.S. are required to obtain an appropriate U.S. work visa or status.  The visa system of the U.S. is one of the most sophisticated in the world. For potential workers, visa types range from the most used H classification, L classification (Inter-company transferees) to the less often used O classification (people with extraordinary ability).

Under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), U.S. work visa procedures have been made easier for Canadians. Large corporations, small businesses and professionals benefit from the simplified procedures in working and setting up businesses across the border. People who are not citizens of Canada or Mexico, however, still need to apply for U.S. work visa following the standard procedures.

For citizens of Canada and Mexico, special treatments include:

  • TN Work Status: Professionals of certain occupations may get approved on the spot at the US/Canada
  • Port of EntryL-1 Work Visa : Workers and owners in Canada wishing to transfer to their US new office or existing business may follow a simplified procedure to obtain the visa
  • E1/E2 Work Visas: Traders and Investors may be qualified for these types of visa which require less stringent conditions to work and do business in the U.S.

No matter you are Canadians or non-Canadians, workers or business people, we can assist you to apply for and obtain the right type of work visa for your work in the U.S.

Blog Calendar

April 2018
« Feb    
%d bloggers like this: