eTA Required Countries for Travel to Canada

List of countries/territories whose citizens or nationals require an eTA to travel to Canada

Note: This list of countries can change from time to time. People should check with the Government of Canada to obtain the latest information.

As of March 15, 2016, people who need an eTA to enter Canada include:

Citizens of Andorra; Antigua and Barbuda; Australia; Austria; Bahamas; Barbados; Belgium; Britain; Brunei Darussalam; Chile; Croatia; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Federal Republic of Germany; Greece; Hungary; Iceland; Ireland; Italy; Japan; Republic of Korea; Latvia; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Malta; Monaco; Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; Papua New Guinea; Poland; Portugal; Samoa; San Marino; Singapore; Slovakia; Slovenia; Solomon Islands; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland.

This also includes British overseas citizen who is re-admissible to the United Kingdom; British overseas territory citizen who derives that citizenship through birth, descent, naturalization or registration in one of the British overseas territories of:
Anguilla; Bermuda; British Virgin Islands; Cayman Islands; Falkland Islands; Gibraltar; Montserrat; Pitcairn Island; Saint Helena; Turks and Caicos Islands.

Other foreign nationals will also need an eTA to enter Canada, such as:
– People who have been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence (United States Permanent Residents);
– People who hold passports or travel documents issued by the Holy See, national Israeli passports, passports issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, passports issued by the United Kingdom to a British National (Overseas), as a person born, naturalized or registered in Hong Kong, passports issued by the United Kingdom to a British Subject which contains the observation that the holder has the right of abode in the United Kingdom, ordinary passports issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes the personal identification number of the individual.


Back to Visitor Visa and eTA page


Blog Calendar

February 2018
« Nov    
%d bloggers like this: