U.S. Immigration

Successful U.S. Humanitarian Parole Application

January 28, 2016

Hi Mary, Due to an inadvertent mistake, I overstayed my visa in the United States. Subsequently, I was refused entry to the U.S. However, my two young children still live in the U.S. I worried about them every day. Luckily, I found Jeff Li Law office and get the help from Mary Zhang. I knew…

Read more »

How to visit U.S. from Canada: A brief review of necessary documents, visa procedures

September 24, 2015

  By Mary Zhang, Law Office of Jeff Jiehui Li   Canadians are always proud about the amazing view of Niagara falls from their side. But visiting the United States of America (US) seems to be always in their wish list, especially for new comers and permanent residents. Citizens of Canada do not need visas,…

Read more »

What professionals may work in U.S. under NAFTA Chapter 16?

June 11, 2012

Normally in order for a foreign national to work in a country, the employer must demonstrate that no local employee is available to take the job. This is usually the most difficult part for people to work outside their home country. Under the North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Chapter 16, a large number of professionals…

Read more »

H-1B Cap reached for fiscal year 2012

November 28, 2011

On November 22, 2011, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) had received a sufficient number of H-1B petitions to reach the statutory cap of 65,000 for fiscal year 2012 (“FY 2012″). As of October 19, 2011, USCIS had also received more than 20,000 H-1B petitions filed on behalf of persons exempt from the cap…

Read more »

I am a U.S. green card holder and I am planning to travel outside the states for a few months. What should I pay attention to?

November 2, 2011

Bill would encourage foreigners to buy U.S. homes

October 24, 2011


Read more »

I overstayed in U.S. for 2 years and was recently denied a U.S. visa, what should I do?

September 24, 2011

Since you overstayed for almost 2 years, you are considered inadmissible to the U.S. and you are automatically subject to a 10 year bar from returning to the U.S. However, there is hope. You may apply for a waiver of inadmissibility (I-192 and/or I-212, depending on your situation). I presume that you have disclosed this…

Read more »

Client got humanitarian parole

August 25, 2011

Hi Katherine / Jeff Li, I want to congratulate Niren and Associates, especially Katherine and Jeff for helping me with my US Humanitarian Parole application and i was able to attend my dad’s funeral.  I did came back to Toronto on August 23rd and surrendered my I-94 at Canadian Customs. I want to thank you…

Read more »

Overseas petitioners must file I-130 with USCIS

August 15, 2011

Effective today (Aug. 15, 2011), petitioners residing in countries without USCIS offices will be required to file their Form I-130, Petition for an Alien Relative, with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) lockbox facility in Chicago. However, in certain situations, such as where the petitioner or beneficiary is facing urgent medical emergency that requires…

Read more »

Blog Calendar

February 2018
« Nov